History of the farm
Fazenda Santa Mariana belongs to a society of siblings who acquired lands around their mother’s farm, where superior-quality coffee is grown. It makes up a society of specialty coffee producters, called "Cafe_ Dom Mariana."
In this way, conditions were created to expand coffee-growing areas and to use common areas for processing the beans, thus decreasing the usage of water and electricity.
– finalist in the Cup of Excellence (Pulped Naturals, Early Harvest) contest in the 2002, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014, placing in the top 10 several times.
– 2nd place in the 1st Edition of the Cup of Excellence (Naturals, Late Harvest) 2011 and finalist in 2013.
EMATER: MG – 2nd place in 2005 and finalist in 2006, 2012 and 2013
ABIC: 3rd place in 2005
Illycaffe_: Finalist in 7 consecutive editions, 2007/08 to 2013/14 harvests, being:
– 2nd place 2010/11 harvest
– 9th place 2008/09 harvest
– 10th place 2007/08 harvest
COCARIVE / Nucoffee: 1st and 5th place in 2012 in the 1st Coffee Quality Contest and finalist in 2013
– "Rainforest Alliance" sustainable agriculture network
– "CertificaMinas" State Coffee Certification Program, from the State of Minas Gerais
|Farm Name||Fazenda Santa Mariana (2014)|
|Farmer/Rep.||Sebastião Márcio de Carvalho Junqueira|
|Country||Brazil Pulped Naturals|
|Size (30kg boxes)||23|
|City||Dom Viçoso, Minas Gerais|
|Region||Mantiqueira de Minas|
|Program||Brazil Pulped Naturals 2014|
|Aroma/Flavor||peach* fresh apples, perfumy, apple blossom, cherry, sugar cane, caramel, pineapple|
|Acidity||citric, bright, fine complex|
|Other||molasses, creamy, licorice silky, mouthfeel|
|Processing system||Pulped Natural|
|Coffee Growing Area||27 ha|
|Farm Size||59 ha|
|Auction Lot Size (lbs.)||1521|
|High bidders||Vivace Coffee Roasters|