Farm: San Judas Estate
Farmer: Jorge Luis Ferrey Machado
* Farm History:
San Judas is a new farm bought in 2014 by the Ferrey Machado family with the idea of diversifying a little is integrated in the cultivation of coffee and cocoa. The property counts although new in the group shows its quality with the varieties of hybrids, Starmaya and Marseillaise.
* Family generations:
We are second generation of coffee growers.
* What were the best practices that you implemented and made you winner of the Cup of Excellence program?
For us we believe in a proper fertilization that helps us to get better flavors and sweetness in our coffees
* How do you feel about being one of the winners?
Proud, motivated, assuming responsibility that we have to be better and still I say to myself , The nature of the coffee makes it perfect ¨ Lets don't destroy it on the way
* How will you invest the gains you get from the cup of excellence?
There are so many things to do in this new farm but I think the first thing is to better condition the accommodation of our workers and kitchen
* Have you participated in the Cup of Excellence program previously?
For this farm is the first time we participate in the cup I think we will continue to improve to continue competing and keep us producing high quality coffee.
* What do you think of the cup of Excellence program?
* Social Media:
|San Judas Estate
|Jorge Luis Ferrey Machado
|mango, peach, green apple, raisin, red wine, dark chocolate, red apple, black tea, and pineapple.
|malic, orange, and bright.
|molasses, sweet finish, and sugar cane.
|Auction Lot Size (lbs.)