Farm: El Cambalache
Farmer: Abner Samuel Zavala Gonzalez
* Farm History
It was a small farm of 4 apples that was inherited 3 years ago, my father bought it 10 years ago.
* Family Generations:
Two family generations
* What were the good practices that you implemented that made it the winner of the Cup of Excellence program?
An excellent agronomic management, an excellent collection of reddish grain, anaerobic fermentation of up to 60 hours and drying in African beds.
* How does it feel to be one of the winners?
I feel very blessed by God and proud, it was one of the hardest years for us, a lot of rain and little labor and this comes to be a reward of the effort made
* In what will you invest the profits you obtain from the cup of excellence?
To improve the conditions of my farm and wet benefit and support a group of children with limited resources in my community.
* Had you participated in the Cup of Excellence program before?
* What do you think of the cup of excellence program?
Excellent, it helps us to be able to promote our coffee abroad
* Social Media
|Farm Name||El Cambalache|
|Farmer/Rep.||Abner Samuel Zavala Gonzalez|
|Aroma/Flavor||fleshy, lemonade, white wine, honey, red apple, cherry, fudge, pinot noir, molasses, green apple, candied apple, rose, and caramel.|
|Acidity||structured acidity, sparkling, cherries, mandarin, tartaric, consistent, transparent, improved on cool, sweet finish, spicy undertone, and dynamic.|
|Other||elegant and super clean.|
|Auction Lot Size (lbs.)||498.03|