MARABA III SOVU CWS is among the four CWS owned by Abahuzamugambi ba kawa Maraba cooperative.
Abahuzamugambi ba kawa Maraba cooperative was the first cooperative to build coffee washing station (Cyarumbo CWS in 2001) in Rwanda after the Genocide against Tutsi in 1994. And it became a refreshing symbol for Rwandan coffee sector after such horrible situation.
MARABA III SOVU was constructed in 2005 and is located in Huye Sector, Huye District, in Southern Province.
Abahuzamugambi ba kawa Maraba cooperative is composed of 1,372 members and coffee farmers who do supply more than 80 % of the whole supplied cherries. While the remaining 20% of the supplied cherries came from other farmers who are not necessary members of the cooperative.
They also do play a vital role in the members’ daily life as they do support them in several activities including health and education.
|Farm Name||Maraba III – Sovu|
|Size (30kg boxes)||28|
|Aroma/Flavor||chocolate, orange blossom, cranberry, red grape, black currant, limes, lemon zest, tea rose, peach, mango, caramel, red apple, tangerine, chocolate covered cherries, mint-chocolate|
|Acidity||citrus zest, structured, crisp, punchy, malic, lactic acid|
|Other||hints of tobacco, juicy aftertaste, heavy- round body, syrupy, effervescent|
|Auction Lot Size (lbs.)||1855|
|High bidders||Campos Coffee|