Farm: Los Pirineos
Producer: Eudoro José Guillén Jarquín
* Farm History:
This farm started 9 years ago, it is the inheritance of my father who was the one who started with coffee growing inside the family.
* Family Generations:
I am the second generation, but I am inculcating coffee growing for my wife and children.
* What were the good practices that you implemented that made it the winner of the Cup of Excellence program?
In our farm, a good percentage of shade is maintained, which I believe has influenced the plant to better express its attributes. At the time of harvest, only the mature grain is collected and another practice was the optimum point of coffee washing, that is, fermentation. with greater hours of fermentation compared to the usual ones.
* How does it feel to be one of the winners?
Happy and proud to have the recognition of producing one of the best coffees nationwide.
* In what will you invest the profits you obtain from the cup of excellence?
In management activities of the Farm.
* Had you participated in the Cup of Excellence program before?
Yes, several Occasions.
* What do you think of the cup of excellence program?
It is a very good option for coffee growers, because it promotes recognition of the quality of our coffee and gives the opportunity to meet new international markets and improve sales prices.
* Social Media:
|Farm Name||Los Pirineos|
|Farmer/Rep.||Eudoro José Guillén Jarquín|
|Aroma/Flavor||red fruits, banana, plum, raisin, cardamom, spiced plum, floral, rose, and molasses.|
|Acidity||sweet, citric, lemon juice, and smooth.|
|Other||syrupy mouthfeel, lemon, and umami.|
|Auction Lot Size (lbs.)||859.79|