Ten years ago, Emma Duarte de Vasquez, bought San Jose La Cumbre Farm, Mrs. Duarte and her husband have been dedicated to cultivate coffee since their grandparents and parents age. The farm is located in Santa Ana Department, 12 kms. from the city of Santa Ana, and its within the coffee region known as Apaneca-Ilamatepec Mountain Range, the highway to get there is rustic, and people need a four-wheel drive vehicle to get to the place. The farms altitude is 1600-1650 meter above sea level, and coffee grows on very fertile soil, rich in organic matter, it has a pluvial precipitation of 2000 to 2500 mm of rain per year. San Jose La Cumbre farm is 90% grown to Bourbón coffee variety and the remaining 10 percent is Pacas, Pacamara, Catimor and Kenya. This farm keeps all the traditional labors of a Typical coffee farm, all coffee trees grow under natural shade, provided by trees strategically planted to keep an adequate temperature and environment for the coffee plantation. There is no use o any chemical herbicide to control the weeds, all the procedures are manual. In this farm are many different kinds of animals, such as: Partridges, Armadillos, deers, Squirrels, etc. they are part of the natural and local fauna, also exists different kinds of flowers and trees, for example, Pepeto, Jocote, apple tree, cedars, peach, strawberry, etc. All the facts mentioned above, make of this place a pollution-free area with a great weather, becoming part of the famous Golden coffee belt.
Location: Canton Palo de Campana, Santa Ana
Coffee varieties: Bourbón, Pacas, Pacamara and Kenya
Type of Shade: Ingas Sp.
Average Annual Rainfall: 2,250 mm
Average Temperature: 21ºC
Type of Soil: Sandy loam
Mill and company where lot was process: UNEX, S.A. de C.V.
Fauna: Partridges, armadillos, deers, squirrels, etc
Latitude: N 13º 52 15.5
Longitude: W 89º 36 25.2
|Farm Name||San Jose La Cumbre|
|Farmer/Rep.||Enma Duarte De Vasquez|
|Size (30kg boxes)||42|
|City||Santa Ana, Santa Ana|
|Region||Apaneca-Ilamatepec Mountain Range|
|Program||El Salvador 2009|
|Aroma/Flavor||floral, peach, chocolate caramel, lime, red wine cane sugar|
|Acidity||refined acidity juicy, Notes Syrupy body|
|Processing system||Washed , Sun, dried|
|Coffee Growing Area||7|
|Auction Lot Size (lbs.)||3177|
|High bidders||Wataru & Co., Ltd.|