Cup of Excellence & Alliance for Coffee Excellence
Location: Portland, OR USA or TBD
Deadline to submit application May 1st 11:59pm PDT
Cup of Excellence (COE) is a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting exceptional coffee, enhancing sustainable farming practices, and supporting local communities worldwide. The Alliance for Coffee Excellence (ACE) is a 501c6 industry trade organization committed to fostering connections, advancing innovation, and promoting the global coffee community. Together, these two organizations work synergistically to drive positive change in the coffee industry.
We are currently seeking a passionate, experienced, and dynamic Executive Director to lead both the Cup of Excellence and Alliance for Coffee Excellence organizations. This is an extraordinary opportunity for a strategic and visionary leader to help shape the future of these two organizations, while making a meaningful impact on the lives of coffee farmers and communities globally.
- Develop and implement strategic plans that advance the missions of COE and ACE, in collaboration with their respective boards.
- Cultivate a strong and transparent working relationship with both boards, ensuring open communication on financial, programmatic, and organizational performance.
- Oversee daily operations, budgeting, and financial management of COE and ACE.
- Supervise, mentor, and develop a high-performing staff, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement.
Program Development and Management:
- Design, implement, and evaluate programs that support the goals of COE and ACE, most notably, the Cup of Excellence competition and auction platform.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in coffee producing and consuming countries to identify new opportunities and partnerships that align with the organizations’ missions and strategic plans.
Fundraising and Resource Development:
- Develop and execute fundraising strategies to ensure financial sustainability for COE and ACE.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with donors, coffee buyers, industry sponsors, service providers, and national partners who provide financial and in-kind resources to the Cup of Excellence competition and Private Collection Auctions.
Advocacy and Community Engagement:
- Serve as the primary spokesperson and advocate for COE and ACE, representing the organizations to stakeholders, partners, media, and the public.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the coffee community, including producers, buyers, roasters, and industry organizations.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in senior leadership roles, preferably with some time in the nonprofit sector, and with a focus on coffee, sustainability, or international development.
- A track record of success in fundraising and resource development.
- Strong financial acumen and experience with budget management.
- Proven experience in program development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- English mandatory, proficiency in Spanish a plus with the ability to communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Passion for the missions of COE and ACE and commitment to the global coffee community.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree in a related field is preferred.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to [email protected] In the subject line, please include “Executive Director – COE & ACE.” We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled. COE and ACE are equal opportunity employers and encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.