Farm: El Morito I
Farmer: José Roberto Monterroso Pineda
The farm has special treatments that make us been different from the rest and these are that we the use equipment and apply the agrochemical product in a correct way. The farm use manual control of the weed. Conservation of the ground. Protection of the natural recourses of the water and the flora and fauna.
El Morito farm has its own copper woods, with the purpose of have the quality control of the plant that is going to be used for the sowing of new areas and for the re sowing of the old cropping areas. Its own copper woods help to do good agricultural practices, for example manual management of molasses, the uses of preventing phytosanitary products and allowed by the agricultural authorities of the country.
El Morito farm works with many varieties giving priority to the ones that are better adapted to the climate conditions and phytosanitaries of the region, the varieties that the farm has are Pache San Ramon, Catuaí, Bourboon, Maragogipe, Pacamara, Maracatu, etc.
The harvest is one of the most important steps in the process of coffee production, because of this step depends almost all the success of the future production in the harvest area. In El Morito farm for the new areas that will be cropped, do not eliminate the natural trees, the plantations are cropped under the trees and the same ones are used as permanent shadow.
- Location: Mataquescuintla, Jalapa
- Area: 672 ha, 98.0 ha with coffee
- Altitude Range: 4500 – 6700 feet
- Type of Soil: Loamy-Clay
- Shade Trees: Inga, Gravilea
- Climatic Characteristics
- Average Temperature: 7°C – 25°C
- Annual Rainfall: 1,500 – 2,500 mm
- Relative Humidity: 70%
- Coffee Production Characteristics
- Harvest Season: From January to April
- Drying Process: Sun
- Mill: Wet
- Annual Production: 350 (69 kg bags)
- Previous Awards
- Cup of Excellence:
- Cup of Excellence® 2013 – 2nd place
- Cup of Excellence® 2014 – 3rd place
- Cup of Excellence:
- C.A.F.E Practices of Starbucks, Rainforest Alliance
- Nespreso AAA
- Social Projects
- Building support to the schools in Mataquescuintla Municipality.
- Medical Services to the workers.
- Monetary support with medicines to people who need it in Morales Town.
- Instituto Telesecundaria Aldea Morales building.
- Donations of toys to poor children and children that are working in the farm.
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ComerElMorito?ef=hl
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Comer_El_Morito
|Farm Name||El Morito I (2015)|
|Farmer/Rep.||José Roberto Monterroso Pineda|
|Size (30kg boxes)||35|
|Aroma/Flavor||Candy, plum, mango|
|Auction Lot Size (lbs.)||2258.61|
|High bidders||Time's Club, Kyokuto Fadie Corporation, Tashiro Coffee (JAPAN) // Coffee Libre (KOREA) // Zoka Coffee Inc, Nobletree Coffee (USA)|