I was born in Buesaco located in the department of Narino on February 11th of 1942. Since I was born in the path Medina Espejo, I shared many time with my mother and my grandparents, who had a farm with some coffee trees of Typica variety. I actively helped them with the activities of the crop. It was with them where I shared my childhood and got in love with this land that gave me what I am in this moment.
I found a treasure, my wife, Blanca Ligia Riascos, mother of my four children Jose Norberto, Blanca Edilma, Alba Diela and Lida Cielo.
Time later, I moved with my family to the path Veracruz, where I bought a farm called La Mina. When I was 38 years old I began planting 4000 coffee trees of Caturra variety. Now I have 35000 coffee trees, 70% correspond to Caturra variety and the rest 30% are Castillo variety with an average age of 6 years.
Thanks to the Colombia n Coffee Growers Federation, the Committee of Narino and the Coffee Growers Cooperative of the west of Narino, from which I am business associate, I have had the privilege to participate in the four versions of Cup of Excellence in which Narino has been invited to. I have occupied the 7th, 3rd, 7th and 4th place respectively. My wish is to continue participating if God allows me and finally reach the maximum grade, putting enthusiasm, love, effort and dedication to my family and our coffee farm.
|Farm Name||La Mina|
|Farmer/Rep.||Franco Héctor López|
|Size (30kg boxes)||44|
|Program||Colombia South 2012|
|Aroma/Flavor||apricot, orange, almond, chocolate, caramel, honey, cherry, melon, blackcurrant, vanilla|
|Acidity||lemon, bright, juicy, citrus, delicate|
|Other||rounded, balanced, elegant, chocolate finish, sweet aftertaste, peach and clove in finish|
|Processing system||Washed Coffee|
|Coffee Growing Area||4.22|
|Auction Lot Size (lbs.)||2320.65|
|High bidders||A Twosome Place at CJ Foodville (Korea)|