Tell us the history of your farm?
The Carmen is the second estate that I acquired there in 1969 through the purchase I made to Antonia widow of Portillo. With 80mz is located in the Municipality of Telpaneca, Madriz in a place where before there was no easy access to the farm so I had to walk a long way to get there. It is a very pleasant, mountainous area and for love of the Maracaturra I planted this variety up to 70% of the total land and the remaining 30% with caturra.
Luis Emilio Valladarez Zelaya, Olman Enoc Valladarez, Irela Valladarez and Luis Valladarez
What is your secret for which make to win the contest?
Having a good team ensures the quality of the product. The equipment I always count on is very diverse and distributed according to the needs to be covered, that is, from the farm with the guidance of technicians and people trained in farm management to our dry benefit with knowledgeable people in the Quality control we work in order to achieve and preserve the nature in our coffee.
How do you feel to be one of the winners?
Thanks to the work that we have done together our coffee have managed to reach and/or be up to where it is today and that gives me a lot of happiness and is a push for us to continue doing our work always well and always improving.
What will you invest in the earnings you get from the electronic auction?
The investment will be distributed: a part in social works of the community and the maintenance of farm and improvement in conditions for the workers.
Have you participated in the event previously? Was the winner results?
Yes, it had participated before with the property El Suyatal in 2006 that was the first time that participates and thus the following years obtaining good places among them the first one in the year 2015.
What do you think about the cup of excellence?
Mug of Excellence is an event that has come to impel each producer to walk on the path of quality and thus also a means through which the cafes of our country have been able to promote themselves.
|Farm Name||El Carmen 2017|
|Farmer/Rep.||Luis Emilio Valladarez|
|Size (30kg boxes)||14|
|City||San Juan Del Rio Coco|
|Aroma/Flavor||Hazelnut, caramel chocolate, chocolate fudge red current cherry cinnamon caramel licorice, mandarin, red apple.|
|Acidity||Lemon, complex, almonds, tartaric.|
|Other||Butter apricot- round, dense honey yellow plum dark chocolate.|
|Auction Lot Size (lbs.)||878|
|High bidders||UCC Ueshima Coffee Co., Ltd.|