Farm: Corral Viejo
Farmer: Francisco Cruz Montano
Corral Viejo farm, with an area of 764.14 hectares, has the production of several products, including the coffee harvest, which runs from November to April and annually produces 230 bags of 69 kilos. With a temperature of 22 degrees Celsius and a relative humidity of 75% has reached the highest quality levels, according to national and international tasters with a score of 87.53 in the auction Cup of Excellence Guatemala 2015, they granted it on ninth place of 24 winners and thousands of participants, marking the first competition that the grain is subjected. COE is the most prestigious award given to quality coffee, the prices of the winning coffees have broken records in the international auction and currently there is a high demand to have such unique cafes.
Francisco Cruz Montano, sixth generation of the Cruz legacy, is currently responsible for managing the farm that in addition to owning a product SHB sweet aroma, chocolaty, marked acidity and a caramel sweetness; has the first and only plant of oak charcoal briquettes in Central America, certified under the ISO 9001: 2008 which seeks to achieve continuous improvement in all production processes.
Corral Viejo has a rich history, which makes it unique among many other land since it originally belonged to the then Field Marshal Serapio Cruz, martyr and forerunner of the Revolution of 1871 and was successively changing hands by family inheritance. These lands were given to the Marshal by the President of the Republic of Guatemala , General Rafael Carrera during the period of 1850 and 1865.
The process used is the washed coffee, which is divided into the following stages:
- Collection of ripe fruit.
- Receipt and sorting of the fruit, only mature seeds.
- Pulping the cut fruit the same day without using water.
- Extraction of the pulp with a water bath.
- Classification of pulped coffee, discard small and sick seeds.
- Removal of the mucilage of fermented coffee.
- Wash fermented coffee.
- Drying of washed coffee on drying coutyards.
Corral Viejo is a growing company looking to expand its borders, with a team of highly qualified staff that wants to more families by sharing a cup of excellence with so much history and great quality to the world, a cup of coffee that the Cruz family has been taking for 123 years.
- Location: Sansare, El Progreso
- Area: 764.14 ha.
- Altitude Range: 4800 – 6500 feet.
- Type of Soil: Loamy-Clay
- Shade Trees: Gravilea
- Climatic Characteristics
- Average Temperature: 22°C
- Annual Rainfall: 1,254 mm
- Relative Humidity: 75%
- Coffee Production Characteristics
- Harvest Season: From November to April
- Drying Process: Sun
- Mill: Wet
- Annual Production: 230 (69 kg bags)
- Previous Awards
- Cup of Excellence:
- Cup of Excellence® 2015 – 9th place.
- Cup of Excellence:
- Facebook: CafeCorralViejo
- Web Site: www.corralviejo.com
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Telephone: +502 5309 8818 / +502 2326 1504
|Farm Name||Corral Viejo|
|Farmer/Rep.||Corral Viejo S.A.|
|Size (30kg boxes)||31|
|Other||Syrupy, silky, long finish, floral|
|Auction Lot Size (lbs.)||2035.39|
|High bidders||TERAROSA (S.KOREA)|