ACE Headquarters in Portland
The Alliance for Coffee Excellence operates our Cup of Excellence competition globally, but our main office is in the Northwest district of Portland, Oregon USA in the New York Building. Attached to our workspace is a certified SCA cupping lab that’s available to rent.
If you’re in Portland, we’d love to see you! Stop by to see the space and enjoy a cup of coffee.
2250 NW 22nd Avenue, Suite 612,
Portland, OR 97210
Visitor Information Guide
There are a limited number of free parking spaces allocated for visitors to the New York Building parking lot. Parking in any space not marked VISITOR or unmarked leaves you subject to tow. There is also limited free street parking.
Locate a call box on the wall in the lobby and use code 0005. ACE will answer and buzz you up, which means that the elevator will then let you up to the sixth floor. Once you’re on the sixth floor, ACE is all the way down the hall on the left, suite 612.
By Car or Uber/Lyft (Recommended)
- Address is 2250 NW 22nd Avenue, Suite 612, Portland, OR 97210
- Approximately 30 minutes with no traffic.
- Radiocab – http://www.radiocab.net/ You can find taxis waiting in the center section of the airport terminal’s lower roadway outside of baggage claim; to get back to the airport from the city center; you can order a cab through the city’s main operators or from a hotel with a dedicated taxi stand.
By Light Rail – http://trimet.org/schedules/maxredline.htm
- The MAX station and ticket machines are located on the lower level, next to the south baggage claim area (turn right at the base of the escalator). An adult ticket costs $2.50 (Youth $1.25, Honored Citizen $1). MAX ticket machines return change in coins, so small bills are recommended. The first train of the day arrives at PDX at 4:45 a.m. The last train departs PDX at 11:50 p.m.
- The light rail will not take you all the way to the office, you’ll have to transfer to a bus downtown.
By Shuttle Airport Shuttles – http://www.airportshuttles.com/portland.php
By Rental Car – Rental cars are available on the lower level at the airport.
Holiday Inn Express (Walking distance to ACE)
2333 NW Vaughn Street Portland, OR 97210
ACE DISCOUNT: You may reserve online or call the hotel directly and inform the reservationists you are booking a room under ACE to receive a discounted rate for a standard room, total cost is $147.
Silver Cloud (Walking distance to ACE)
2426 NW Vaughn St, Portland, OR 97210
1150 NW 9th Ave, Portland, OR 97209
Groundwork Coffee Co
2355 NW Vaughn St, Portland, OR 97210
2181 NW Nicolai St, Portland, OR 97210
1319 NW Johnson St, Portland, OR 97209
603 SW Broadway, Portland, OR 97205
Sterling Coffee Roasters
417 NW 21st Ave, Portland, OR 97210
823 NW 23rd Ave, Portland, OR 97210
Coffee Crawl Suggestions
*Indicates an ACE member
Coffeehouse NW -1951 W Burnside St,Portland, OR 97209
Heart Coffee – 537 SW 12th Ave, Portland, OR 97205
Nossa Familia – 1319 NW Johnson St, Portland, OR 97209
*Stumptown – 1026 Southwest Stark St, Portland, OR 97205
Water Avenue Coffee – 811 Southwest 6th Avenue, Portland, OR 97204
Case Study Coffee – 802 Southwest 10th Avenue, Portland, OR 97205
Barista NW – 539 NW 13th Ave, Portland, OR 97209
Deadstock Coffee – 408 Northwest Couch Street, Portland, OR 97209
Nossa Familia Coffee – 1350 NW Lovejoy St, Portland, OR 97209
Groundwork Coffee Co. – 2355 NW Vaughn St, Portland, OR 97210
Sisters Coffee Company – 1235 NW Marshall St, Portland, OR 97209
Water Avenue Coffee – 1028 SE Water Ave #145, Portland, OR 97214
Coava Coffee – 1300 SE Grand Ave, Portland, OR 97214
Upper Left Roasters – 1204 SE Clay St, Portland, OR 97214
Good Coffee – 4747 SE Division St, Portland, OR 97206
Albina Press – 5012 SE Hawthorne Blvd, Portland, OR 9721
Never Coffee – 4243 SE Belmont St #200, Portland, OR 97215
*Proud Mary Cafe – 2012 NE Alberta St, Portland, OR 97211
Ristretto Roasters Coffee – 3808 N Williams Ave, Portland, OR 97227
Compass Coffee Roasting – 3290 N Vancouver Ave, Portland, OR 97227
Caffe Vita Coffee Roasting – 2909 NE Alberta St, Portland, OR 97211