National Winner Program
- All Cup of Excellence competition rules apply
- Coffees scoring 86+ points by the national jury will be cupped and scored by the international jury to determine eligibility for either the Cup of Excellence or National winner auction. No more than 40 coffees will be cupped by the international jury even if their score is above 86. Coffees scoring 86+ by the international jury will be Cup of Excellence winners- Coffees scoring 84-85.99 at any round of the international jury will be considered National Country Winners- Coffees scoring below 84 points or defective coffees will not be considered.
- Farmers will be asked to opt in or out of the national program at the time they enter their lots into the warehouse for the national jury week. A farmer can change his/her decision and opt out of the national platform after the international jury. If a farmer opts out after the samples have been prepared and/or sent he will still be responsible for the samples cost in both volume and shipping.
- The results of the international jury will be made public at the awards ceremony as per the COE process. All farmers will be given their scores after the international jury week.
- Cup of Excellence scoring coffees will be posted on the ACE website as Cup of Excellence winners. National winners will be listed on the ACE website as National Winners.
- Samples of the national winning coffees will be prepared to the same standards as the Cup of Excellence samples.
- Samples will be sent to eligible registered ACE supporters and members.
- National winning farmers opting to sell at the online platform will share the cost of sending samples.
- National winners will be offered for sale at a separate online platform auction on the ACE site.
- Scores will be posted on the website along with varietal, processing and lot size.
- There are two different, suggested (but not required by the in- country organizers) minimum or opening prices. The minimum price will be agreed upon for those coffees scoring 84-84.99 at $3.50 per lbs USD and for those scoring 85-85.99 at $4.00 per lbs USD.
- There is no guarantee that the opening price will be met or that the coffees will be sold. Farmers must agree to the prices.
- Farmers cannot opt out once there is a binding bid at auction.
- Organizers and ACE will share a flat 10% commission. 5% of the gross national winners auction proceeds will be billed by ACE to offset the cost of the platform software and the coordination of the bidders.
- National Winning Coffees may be held in Parchment then milled to SCAA specialty standards and shipped in grain pro bags. The buyers will be charged .03 per lbs. for the grain pro bags. National Winning Coffees can be vacuum packed if requested. Vacuum packing fee of .20 per lbs will be charged to buyer. Any extra fees for special treatment or documentation will be borne by the buyer. National Winning Coffees will be sold on a separate auction platform which becomes live two days before the COE auction and remains available for sale on the platform until approximately 48 hours after the COE auction has closed.
- National winning coffees can be bulked- shipped with COE coffees at the buyer’s request.
- A separate logo will differentiate the National winners from the Cup of Excellence winners.
- Buyers will be able to use the National Winners logo to help sell the coffees. Only buyers purchasing from the online platform will be able to use the logo. Farmers may use the logo to indicate coffee from their farm received this award during a specific year.
- ACE will instruct the buyers and promote the sale of the National Winning Coffees.