We are excited to open applications for the Fall/Winter COE in person juries. Certainly our in country partners share our excitement to be able to welcome you back as international jurors. Together we are working with the in-country teams to set everything up for your visit, but as we have learnt from the previous 2 years, situations change fast with the pandemic. We must point out the feasibility of carrying out in person juries will depend on external factors such as but not limited to global pandemic situations, travel restrictions, jurors availability, and the health and sanitary safety conditions in the host countries.
Please note we are currently in the process of gathering all pertinent information regarding travel restrictions at the host countries above. We request you to continuously check this folder for updates and travel indications. If you have any questions please email: [email protected]
Possible International Jury Dates
- Peru: Oct. 25 – 28, 2022
- Brazil: Oct. 24 – 28, 2022
- Indonesia: Dec. 12 – 16,2022
Please note that all dates are subject to change, we can not guarantee an in person jury due to pandemic & travel related restrictions. If an in person jury is not possible, the GCC jury process will be carried out. Limited availability of jury space in each country.
First time participants must first serve on the jury as an Observer.
Considerations during Invitation Process
- Company is a current member of ACE
- Company participation in past COE Auctions
- The intent of the applicant or applicant’s company to serve as a dependable buyer of the country’s coffee
- Broad country representation on the panel including the Americas, Europe and Asia
- Applicant’s availability
- Applicant’s skill and attitude according to statistics and contribution to previous COE juries
- Date and time of jury application registration
Jury Applicants Must:
- Be a skilled cupper willing to adhere to competition protocols
- Be a professional working in the coffee industry
- Understand and speak English
- Be a part of the staff of a 2022 ACE Member company
How To Apply & Confirmation Information
- Select countries, in order of preference. Juries have limited capacity and fill up quickly. ACE will offer qualified jurors one (1) of the three (3) requested countries. International juries must be balanced geographically. If the jury in a country of choice is full for your region, you will be offered another country.
- Pay the one-time jury fee. This fee will be valid for one jury spot.
- International Juries must be balanced geographically. Therefore, registration does not guarantee a particular country.
- ACE will contact you via email with the formal invitation letter asking you to respond to the invitation for your assigned country. Further information (location, hotel, and farm tours) will then be provided. Please do not purchase air transportation until you have received a formal invitation.
Jury Fees & Expenses
The jury fee is $250 USD. Jury fees are returned to the COE host country to offset the cost of the competition.
Jurors will need to buy their air fare to and from the competition.
If you accept a jury invitation and need to cancel, please let ACE know immediately. Hotel reservation deposits are often nonrefundable and therefore, lost if we are unable to find a juror replacement. ACE staff may offer you a spot on another jury (subject to availability). Paid jury fees are non-refundable unless you have chosen 4 countries and ACE staff has been unable to place you on one of your 4 country choices without an acceptable substitute.