Peña Redonda Farm is located in La Palma Municipality, in the north zone of Chalatenango District. This farm has an area of 8 hectares with a height between 1400-1500 meters over the sea level, is very rough and rocky. The coffee cultivation are three varieties and planted seven years ago, 4 acres of Pacamara, 4 Pacas and ¾ acre of Bourbon and the rest of the land is forest with shade trees.
Peña Redonda’s name is derived from a large rock that is located in the middle of the farm with a length of 180 meters and 60 meters.
What was the secret to winning the competition?
• For the good treatment we give to the farm.
• Hard work and effort in the process of growing
• Collaboration of employees.
How does it feel to be a winner?
• Well, I am happy to be one of the best producers of excellent coffee.
• Motivated and committed to continue to improve.
What do you think of the Cup of Excellence?
• It is beneficial to the farmer household economy and employees
• Allows himself known internationally good coffee production in the country.
• The family consists of 9 members, 7 brothers and my parents, none of my brothers or I have children.
|Farm Name||Peña Redonda|
|Farmer/Rep.||Carlos Mauricio Lemus Landaverde|
|Program||El Salvador 2018|
|Aroma/Flavor||Fruit, berry, citrus, black tea, sugarcane, milk chocolate, peach, apple cinnamon|
|Acidity||Crisp, citric, malic, bright|
|Other||Smooth, juicy, balanced, round|
|Auction Lot Size (lbs.)||1750|